Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Light & Color: A Box Experiment


The past two weeks we explored light and color. We started by observing several natural light conditions. The three I chose were:

sunrise through the trees, reflected off the snow

light gradation on the wall during sunset

light through the window on two different surfaces
We then chose one of our images to recreate the light within a 6x6x18 box. I first started with a brainstorming page and several smaller mockups:



My final design for the light box is below. I chose the angled viewpoint to emphasize the gradation of the light on the wall next to the interior angles:





This past week we started looking at color, using coloraid paper. We explored mixing several colors:


  







 On the last day, we combined our lightbox concept from the previous week with a color element from the current week. I chose to maintain a similar color palate to my diamond above, but creating new reflective colors within from yellow, pink and teal paper. This 4x4x12 box reflected both peach light and a deeper violet tone in different light conditions:











No comments:

Post a Comment