Sunday, April 8, 2012

[BP12] good design for all: everything fits in the fit

http://automobiles.honda.com/fit/exterior-photos.aspx
Perhaps I am a bit biased, as my Honda Fit gets me to school and back everyday from Winston, but I consider my Fit a contender for "good design for all." Compact with a tight turning radius, the fit comfortably seats four (or five if the backseat passengers are smaller in size like myself) with room to spare in the back for all necessary weekend luggage. The back seats lie flat and have successfully housed all sorts of combinations of bookcases, desks, large pieces of furniture, two bicycles, moving boxes, a cat and two dogs, or enough beach camping equipment for a week. With super stellar crash safety ratings, excellent gas mileage as a low emissions vehicle, a great sound system, and amazing affordability, I have highly recommended this car to a whole range of friends who are on the market for their next car. Incorporating both form and function, in addition to commodity, firmness and delight, I consider my compact vehicle super-sized in good design for all.

1 comment:

  1. I would say your car has many beneficial qualities and is very fit for you and your lifestyle, but I wouldn't necessarily say it is good design for "all." the size, color, style, and many other factors would make it maybe not as suitable for someone else, however it is very environmentally friendly, which is beneficial to all on a global scale.

    ReplyDelete