Monday, January 30, 2012

the dining experience: an abstract collage



An 8"x8" abstract collage of what I think of the dining experience. I chose to splice and layer several images together to create a visual representation. My thought was that there are multiple senses engaged when dining and I wanted to include multiple images. The idea was dining outside during sunset on a patio, with lights overhead and a view of the town through the trees disappearing in the distance. I chose to not represent the dining experience as simply food. The poetic breakdown is as follows:
-Sunset to set the mood, a sense of ritual.
-Bricks as an element of texture and color, grounding the space.
-Overhead lighting to create a sense of intimacy.
-The orange dahlia for color and perhaps a centerpiece or focal point on the table besides food.
-Trees and the town for building, space, and place.




No comments:

Post a Comment